What is ISEC?
ISEC 2019 Team Photo
ISEC stands for Intercollegiate Summer English Camps.
Long story short, you and your team (whom you will meet there) will travel around China teaching English to students of all ages and abilities.
Here are some things you will do:
- Make strong friends as you live in close community with your team
- Build meaningful relationships with your students and Chinese native teachers
- Attend orientation and debriefing events to equip you for the beginning and end of the program
- Learn from the native Chinese teachers and students
- Be inspired to want to go back to ISEC
- Love more than you thought you could
A Little History
ISEC was first established in 1999 as a student society at
Oxford University. Originally a group of 10 teachers,
since then over 500 top Western university students have participated.
ISEC has held camps in 14 provinces in China and more than 20,000 Chinese primary, secondary, and university students have benefited from our programs.
ISEC has worked in partnership with a number groups, including educational organizations such as China Society of Education Training Center, Root Education, and Yangzhou Educational Service Center, and non-profit organizations such as Beijing UNESCO, Soong Ching Ling Foundation, Communist Youth League, Town and Talent, and Chinese Society of Education.